CALL FOR PAPERS
Presented by the British Society of Sports History, Scottish Network and the Scottish National Portrait Gallery
ROYAL MONTROSE GOLF CLUB, Montrose Golf Links
Wednesday, 7 June 2017
This one-day conference will examine the history/histories of tourism and leisure during the summer months in Scotland. Suggested paper topics might include (but are not limited to):
- Holidays on the Scottish coast
- Literary interpretations of the Scottish summer
- Tourism from outwith Scotland
- The family during Scottish summer holidays
- Transport and Scottish tourism
- Labour and the tourist economy
- Sport and tourism during the Scottish summer
- Outdoor education/fraternalism during the summer months
- Food and drink during the holidays.
Abstracts should be no longer than 200 words, and should be sent by Friday, 30 January to both Imogen Gibbon (email@example.com) and Matthew McDowell (firstname.lastname@example.org). Any queries should also be sent to Imogen or Matthew.
As BSSH Scotland does not typically receive institutional support for its events, a £15 fee will be charged by the conference organisers for attendance.
Keep your eyes open for the call for papers for The Scottish Winter, a companion conference being held in Perth on 6 December 2017!
Please forward this to any of your colleagues and postgraduate students who may find this of interest.